South Africa vs India 1st T20 : Preview
After beating the South africa in by 5-1 in the 6 Match ODI series. Indian team will be full of confidence as there were some awesome performances we saw in ODI Series. However, the team will be looking forward to continue their winning momentum with South Africa vs India 1st T20 in the shortest format of the game under three-match T20 series.
The Indian Team has so far taken the players into consideration , who has given some nice performances in the domestic cricket under the limited over format. Both Jaydev Unadkat and Suresh Raina have made a comeback only due to their performances in domestic cricket and IPL respectively.
Raina will hope to make most of his chances in South Africa vs India 1st T20 . Not only does he add variety to a right-heavy line-up, he can bowl, field and ideally replace Kedar Jadhav’s No.5 slot in the ODIs.
Venue & Report: New Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg. We Can again expect a batting friendly pitch.
Venue Stats T20:
The average score of last 5 matches Played in which 4 wins by bowling First. and 1 win by 1st batting First.
|Highest total recorded||236/6 (19.2 Ov) by WI vs RSA|
|Lowest total recorded||113/10 (19.3 Ov) by RSA vs SL|
|Highest score chased||236/6 (19.2 Ov) by WI vs RSA|
|Lowest score defended||153/7 (20 Ov) by RSA vs PAK|
|Best Bowling||4/16 By A Razzak|
There are Few Changes in Squad they taken in Odi,s. Moreover, They will be again without the services of Q De Kock & Faf Du Plessis.
JJ Smuts, Reeza Hendricks, Jean-Paul Duminy (c), Farhaan Behardien, AB de Villiers, Heinrich Klaasen (wk), David Miller, Chris Morris, Andile Phehlukwayo, Dane Paterson, Aaron Phangiso.
India has added LK Rahul, Raina & Jaydev Unadkat to the squad .Both Lokesh Rahul & Suresh Raina can Feature in First T20 while Jaydev Unadkat have less chances in game
Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli(c), Suresh Raina, Manish Pandey, Hardik Pandya, MS Dhoni(w), Bhuvneshwar Kumar,Jaydev Unadkat/Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Jasprit Bumrah.
Reeza Hendricks, JJ Smuts, AB de Villiers, JP Duminy(c), David Miller, Heinrich Klaasen(wk), Chris Morris, Andile Phehlukwayo, Junior Dala, Dane Paterson, Aaron Phangiso, Farhaan Behardien, Christiaan Jonker, Tabraiz Shamsi
Virat Kohli (captain), Rohit Sharma (vice-captain), Shikhar Dhawan, MS Dhoni (wicket-keeper), Dinesh Karthik, Manish Pandey, Shardul Thakur, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Suresh Raina, Hardik Pandya, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Jasprit Bumrah, Axar Patel, KL Rahul, Jaydev Unadkat.
Facts & Fixtures:
- Since last year, Yuzvendra Chahal has been the most brilliant T20 bowler overall with 23 wickets to his name.
- While AB de Villiers leads the list of most runs scored this format since 2017& Kohli is at second.
- Rohit Sharma leads the boundaries scored(since 2017) with 46 of them to his name. Kohli is second with 40.
- South Africa lost last two T20 at same venue. This is their worst-ever run in Johannesburg.
- India have won their last four T20 encounters, their second-longest winning run in the format after they had won seven in a row between February and March 2016.
Players To Watch out:
- H Klaasen Looked in Great Touch in Odi,s, You can Make Him Vice Captain or Captain in Your Grand League Team.
- Reeza Hendricks is Another player that you need to watch out for Grand League as he had a great domestic season
- Rohit Sharma Averages 51.00 vs South Africa In T20s which is his most against any Team.He was coming on the back off some stellar performances against Sri Lanka which included a ton in a T20
- Shikhar Dhawan has made enormous contributions on this tour. and will be keen on bettering his record in the shortest version of the game.
South Africa vs India 1st T20 Head To Head Stats:
South Africa vs India team faced 10 times in which 4 matches won by South Africa and 6 matches won by India.
Support Us By Liking Our Facebook Page